"HOW CAN A YOUNG MAN KEEP HIS WAY PURE? BY GUARDING IT ACCORDING TO YOUR WORD. WITH MY WHOLE HEART I SEEK YOU LET ME NOT WANDER FROM YOUR COMMANDMENTS" PSALM 119:9-10

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Vacation

Well sophomore year ended june 4th and on to summer vacation. An oportunity to sleep in and eat all you want but in many ways this was not the case for me and my siblings this summer. My younger sister had summer school at 8 every morning and i had to take her. So that ment waking up early and getting her up, making her something to eat and droping her off. I was upset at first beacasue like i said summer vacation means sleeping in and eating until im like 300 pounds but it was my smart idea to go running every morning. See Lately i have been watching my weight, or i think i am, so i was like if im going to get up early i might as well go running so i did. It was great at first and i did loose 6 pounds and i was very proud of myself. So i also got a summer job, well it was a voulunteer job so i didnt get paid but it was still a job. It was fun. What i did was i was a camp councelor through the City of Burbank. i learned to do activities with the kids, mostly the girls, and i served lunch and hung out with the kids. I leanred so much and i got school hours for it so it was worth it.
I think the high light of every summer since 4th grade is summer camp with my church. We go up to a camp site usually up in the mountains somewhere and we have sessions filled with truth and scripture we also sing and worship our great king. We have really intence games that as you grow up and go into junior high up to high school ministries they get more disgusting and grose! But anyway camp is filled with fellowship and time with true friends and finding new friends. So this year i had such a blessed experience at camp. The theme was THE COST and is was based on Luke 9:23-24 which says 23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
Camp was all about the cost that it takes to follow Jesus and i learned so much about myself and my sins throught this!
Now school starts in a couple days, Monday to be exact, and i am so ready for JUNIOR YEAR!!! Nowing about THE COST and what it takes to follow Jesus i am ready to be a true disciple of Christ and share the gospel with the world!
~Galatians 2:20~

No comments:

Post a Comment